SOS Call from the Garden of Eden
Today, Sri Lanka’s coveted showcase of bio-diversity is being mutilated beyond imagination. At this rate of destruction, it is only a matter of time when the small Indian Ocean Island, hailed by the world as its Garden of Eden turns into a monumental disaster. This beautiful island is gifted with some of nature’s most incredible facets, most rare or endemic.
You can help us fight to save this island of many thousand delights!
Sri Lanka is a small tropical island in the Indian Ocean with a land extent of about 65,000 square kms. What makes the island unique is its amazing spread of bio-diversity, contrasting climatic conditions and land mass, all within a short drive from one geographical zone to another. Serendib, Ceylon, Eden or whatever name you want to call it, Sri Lanka is a miracle of Mother Nature and MUST be saved for the whole world.
Rivers begin from the wet mountainous zone and meander through lush green hills, rain forests, intermediary zone and finally dry zone.
Over a hundred rivers flow into the Indian ocean from different points of the island’s vast coastal belt.
The island features a mountainous area in the south-central parts rising to an elevation of 2524 meters from sea level.
Our 360 Mission
The Geo Explore Foundation is on a 360’ mission – as the name amplifies, exploring the earth closer to our habitats, zeroing in on man-made destructions – all the while, initiating far-reaching solutions that are surprisingly simple, resourceful and yet, far reaching!
Our not-for-profits Foundation is inspired on the belief that, to successfully effect change, hearts must be won in the first place. This is the corner-stone to reverse-engineering and we call it ‘Backdoor Engineering’.
A Timely Plan of Action:
The Mandate of The Geo Explore Foundation
- To promote, conserve, preserve and safeguard the natural habitat, natural environment, natural resources and bio diversity of Sri Lanka and educate and make the people of Sri Lanka aware of the need for conservation and to highlight the country’s responsibility towards same.
- To invest in and implement wildlife tourism, eco-tourism and related projects with a view to encouraging people to learn about their natural habitat and their role towards conserving it.
- To plan and implement projects aimed at enhancing the socio-economic condition of low-income groups, particularly environment friendly self-employment projects in areas known for human-animal conflict and deforestation for agricultural purposes.
- To act as supervisory and/or managing agent for activities and projects undertaken by international organizations.
- To launch and sustain projects and initiatives, study courses, study tours, expeditions, seminars, lectures, promotional tours, responsible-tourism activities, academic activities, research, tests and study programs and any other related activities in Sri Lanka and overseas to achieve the primary objects of the Foundation.
- To set up and maintain a study and research center espousing and facilitating the primary objects of the Foundation.
- Build, maintain and improve infrastructure to achieve the primary objects of the Foundation To establish and develop reciprocal relations with kindred organizations and work in collaboration or in association with such organizations.
The Multi-tiered Village-reawakening Program