A Timely Plan of Action:
The Mandate of The Geo Explore Foundation
- To promote, conserve, preserve and safeguard the natural habitat, natural environment, natural resources and bio diversity of Sri Lanka and educate and make the people of Sri Lanka aware of the need for conservation and to highlight the country’s responsibility towards same.
- To invest in and implement wildlife tourism, eco-tourism and related projects with a view to encouraging people to learn about their natural habitat and their role towards conserving it.
- To plan and implement projects aimed at enhancing the socio-economic condition of low-income groups, particularly environment friendly self-employment projects in areas known for human-animal conflict and deforestation for agricultural purposes.
- To act as supervisory and/or managing agent for activities and projects undertaken by international organizations.
- To launch and sustain projects and initiatives, study courses, study tours, expeditions, seminars, lectures, promotional tours, responsible-tourism activities, academic activities, research, tests and study programs and any other related activities in Sri Lanka and overseas to achieve the primary objects of the Foundation.
- To set up and maintain a study and research center espousing and facilitating the primary objects of the Foundation.
- Build, maintain and improve infrastructure to achieve the primary objects of the Foundation To establish and develop reciprocal relations with kindred organizations and work in collaboration or in association with such organizations.